Server migration and more changes
Until now, to update Clubelo, I calculated the rankings on my computer and uploaded them via FTP. That meant that if I was on holiday or otherwise busy, updates were delayed. That is why I spent some time migrating and automating the whole site on a server that can do this automatically. This is good news for those of you who care about up-to-date fixtures who like to have more regular updates. Weekend fixtures should be online before the Friday night games kick off.
Apart from that, the following things have been done:
Created: 23 Mar 2013 - Modified: 20 Jan 2013
- The way of calculating 2-leg-games has changed. See details.
- The site has a darker look to improve the contrast, there will not be any black on dark grey anymore
- A page for every single day since 1950 with the most important games of the day before and the ranking of that day ( Example)
- Clubs are ranked from 1960 onwards - before 1960, Elo values are considered provisional
- Countries have bar charts that show how many points they won or lost per year (Click on "All-time")
- Derbies have bar charts to illustrate when clubs were strong against their rival
- The homepage shows more current games and links to today's date page
- Pages from non-existing countries are presented in a more logical way including a Russian-Ukrainian matchup for example
- The list of coaches now contains every coach/manager that there is in the database
- Character-encoding issues should be fixed
- Bonus: The Polish league (1962 onwards) has been added to the database